StateZero Labs, the world’s first dedicated Blockchain Lab for startups, has successfully finished its first cohort and hosted its first Demo Day at Campfire Shoreditch on Thursday evening.
The seven selected startups of the programme presented to a room full of investors, brands, press and community members explaining how they’re planning to tackle the world’s most challenging problems with blockchain technology.
The seven startups that pitched are as follows:
- Super Global: enables impact organisations to develop, fund and build breakthrough technology solutions to the world’s most pressing social & environmental challenges.
- Deputi: helps business grow by simplifying operational tasks; acting as a business companion it increases efficiencies and reduces costs.
- Ehab: disrupts the construction sector by building a data and process management tool that ensures sustainable and efficient operation of projects – from inception to completion and post-lifecycle.
- MyResonance: helps businesses capture positive actions and calculating its impact. Using game design and behavioural science it provides company culture with purpose and long-term change.
- TokenBlocks: brings fund management into the 21st century with its own transfer agency network It reduces operational costs by up to 30% and manages all fund data across service providers on a single enterprise-friendly distributed ledger.
- Remixology: the world’s first marketplace for creating a balanced market offering parity between key stakeholders involved in the art and commerce of remixing music.
- eTEU: documentation process optimisation and digitalisation in the container shipping industry.
Startups each received up to £50,000 in the form of an equity free grant, cost-free office space, mentoring and one-to-one technical support from world-class blockchain developers learning how to utilise StateZero Labs’ dedicated blockchain technology.
The three-month programme is designed to arm entrepreneurs with the capital, tools and advice to build meaningful companies with global impact. It has been created to offer founders the most powerful conditions to thrive.
Startups wishing to apply to StateZero Labs’ second cohort “State Two” must provide a unique, quality blockchain application (cryptocurrencies excluded), a team of at least two members, a substantial market opportunity, and agree to use its proprietary blockchain-based technology.
To apply, go to https://www.statezerolabs.com. Deadline for applications: 12th July.
Selection pitches will be held 8th August. The second cohort kicks off 2nd September, with Demo Day to be held on 21st November 2019.
Jenny has been reporting on small business issues since 2001 where she held a number of freelance positions across the leading SME publications in the UK. Specialist subjects included SME financing and tax.